|Plot Synopsis: In a violent, near-apocalyptic Detroit, evil corporation Omni Consumer Products wins a contract from the city government to privatize the police force. To test their crime-eradicating cyborgs, the company leads street cop Alex Murphy (Peter Weller) into an armed confrontation with crime lord Boddicker (Kurtwood Smith) so they can use his body to support their untested RoboCop prototype. But when RoboCop learns of the company’s nefarious plans, he turns on his masters.
Disc One (Director’s Cut)
- Audio Commentary with director Paul Verhoeven, executive producer Jon Davison and co-writer Ed Neumeier (originally recorded for the Theatrical Cut and re-edited in 2014 for the Director’s Cut)
- Robocop: Edited for Television – Compilation of alternate scenes from two edited-for-television, including outtakes
- Edited-for-Television version of the film.
- Split-Screen Comparison between the Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut, and the Theatrical Cut and edited-for-TV version
Disc Two (Theatrical Cut)
- Audio Commentary with director Paul Verhoven, executive producer Jon Davison and co-writer Ed Neumeier (originally recorded for Theatrical version)
- Director’s Cut Production Footage – Raw dailes from the filming of the unrated gore scenes (presented in 4K)
- Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots
- Image Galleries
- Paul Verhoven Easter Egg
- Deleted Scenes
- The Boardroom: Storyboard with Commentary by Phil Tippett
- Robocop: Creating a Legend, Villains of Old Detroit, Special Effects: Then & Now – Three archive featurettes from 2007 featuring interviews with cast and crew.
- 2012 Q&A with the filmmakers, a panel discussion featuring Verhoeven, Davison, Neumeier, Miner, Allen and star Peter Weller and animator Phil Tippett
- RoboProps – Tour of super-fan’s collection of original props and memorabilia.
- Analog – Featurette focusing on the special photographic effects including interviews with Peter Kuran and Kevin Kutchaver
- More Man Than Machine: Composing RoboCop – A Tribute to composer Basil Poledouris
- Casting Old Detroit – Interview with casting director Julie Selzer on how the film’s ensemble case was assembled.
- Connecting the Shots – Interview with second unit director and frequent Verhoven collaborator Mark Goldblatt.
- The Future of Law Enforcement: Creating RoboCop – Interview with co-writer Michael Miner
- RoboTalk – Conversation between co-writer Ed Neumeier and filmmakers David Birke and Nicholas McCarthy
- Truth of Character – Interview with star Nancy Allen
- Commentary with Film Historian Paul M. Sammon
- Commentary with fans Christopher Griffiths, Gary Smart and Eastwood Allen
Double-sided fold-out poster; Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commisioned artwork, 80-page collector’s booket; six collector’s postcards
Video: 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible); 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative by MGM, transferred in 2013 and approved director Paul Verhoven
Audio: Optional lossless stereo and four-channel mixes plus DTS-HD MA 5.1 and Dolby Atmos surround sound options on both cut.